HOW TO PAY
Make Payment with PayPal
PayPal allows any business or individual to make a secure online payment with a Credit or Debit Card as a 'Guest' without the need to have a Paypal account.
Also, you never have to worry about owning an account or keeping money in your PayPal account. If you Link a card or bank account to your PayPal account, you can pay instantly for online purchases.
A popular misconception with PayPal, is that you need an account to pay a bill. This is not true.
On the Island Travel website, you will be taken to a Paypal checkout page to make your payment and complete your booking. Then select, "Don't have a PayPal account" and proceed to make payment as a 'PayPal Guest' via a credit or Debit card.
Planning to travel within the next 72 hours
If your travel plan falls within the next 72 hours and you are trying to book tickets, our system will send you a Not Confirmed message to acknowledge receipt of your booking request only.
In this case you will NOT be able to make an immediate online payment as we need to confirm seat availability with the transport operator before accepting your payment.
Once we have confirmed seat availability with the transport operator we will send you an invoice for the full amount that will need to be paid upon receipt.
When you have made the full payment, you will receive a Booking Confirmed email and usually an attachment with the details of the booking along with a reservation number that you will need to produce when you reach your departure point.
Planning to travel outside the next 72 hours
For customers who are booking tickets in advance (outside of 72 hours), please proceed as normal to the checkout process and complete your order with a full immediate payment. You will receive a confirmation email once payment is cleared along with your reservation number.
If you have any problems with our checkout process, please send us a message and provide us with booking information.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL TRAVEL INFORMATION BELOW
If you are travelling by ferry to or from Koh Tao then here are some travel tips that will help your experience run smoothly. We have also included some tips that also relate to using budget airlines or trains for onward travel. Most of these are common sense but when travelling sometimes things get forgotten.
Before you travel
- Printing out your tickets I know is not environmentally friendly but some ferry companies, budget airlines and trains will not accept your screenshot of your tablet or smartphone. Best to be safe than sorry
- Ensure that you know which pier, airport or platform your transport is leaving from. You can ask your travel agent or look it up online, either way, this can save you the embarrassment of turning up at the wrong location and missing your journey
- Double check your travel details……when you are travelling it is so easy to lose track of what date it is, so make sure you check when you are booked to leave
- Some ferry piers do not have trolleys unlike airports or train stations so pack smart and light
- If travelling by ferry then pack some seasickness tablets. The crossing can get a little rough at certain times of the year. You don’t want to be the one asking for a plastic bag!
The Day of Travel
- Arrive early, 30 minutes before your ferry or train and at least the time given by your airline, this way you can relax and not rush….why rush, you are on holiday!
- Use sunscreen and lip balm if you are travelling by ferry, the glare off the water increases the chance of sunburn, no one wants sunburn
- Passport – check, tickets – check, cash for the trip – check. Ensure that you have everything you need at hand for the trip
If you have any feedback on your trip that will be helpful for fellow passengers then please rate and review the trip on our website. Many of our customers mention how useful it had been to have read the reviews before taking their trip, please take the time! Thank you.
Fill out the booking enquiry form below including the comments box and provide us with the details of your itinerary. We will do all the work for you and provide you with the most cost effective package available.